Maintaining your membership
Help us to help you keep your membership running smoothly.
- Pay your invoices - your content registration fees are invoiced quarterly, and your annual member fee is invoiced annually. Learn more about invoicing and payment.
- Think about your Crossref participation when planning a platform review or migration. Learn more about working with a service provider.
- Review your participation in our services beyond content registration.
- Keep an eye on your reports and take action to resolve errors.
- Get involved- Crossref is an ongoing community project, so please vote in board elections, join groups/committees, follow developments, and keep your knowledge and processes up-to-date. Learn more about getting involved.
- Let us know if any of your account details change. This might include:
- A change to the name of your organization
- A change to the mailing or billing address for your organization. (Please note, if you pay your invoices using our payment portal, the address here just relates to your credit card payment. If you need to update the billing address that appears on your invoices, you do need to let us know directly.)
- A change to your organization’s publishing revenue - this may mean that we need to change your annual member fee tier.
- A change to one or more of your contacts. Keep this up to date so we can ensure technical reports go to the right person, we can keep in touch with you about voting in Board elections, and we can make sure the right person receives your invoices.
When you join Crossref, you provide contact details for (ideally) at least three different people at your organization to undertake five roles. These are key to making your relationship with Crossref and the rest of the community a success, so do think carefully about who will take on each of these roles. These will be the people we contact to confirm any changes to your account.
- The Primary contact - this person will be our key contact at your organization. They receive product and service updates, and we contact about things like changes to terms or service agreements. They also receive our monthly resolution reports showing failed resolutions on your DOIs. (Those of you who have been members for a while will know this contact as the Business contact)
- The Voting contact - this person will vote in our Board elections. The Voting contact is often the same person as the Primary contact
- The Technical contact - this person will receive technical updates, DOI error reports, and conflict reports to help you solve problems with your content quickly
- The Metadata quality contact - this person will be responsible for fixing any metadata errors that are spotted by the scholarly community
- The Billing contact - this person will receive invoices from us and pay the annual membership and ongoing content registration fees.